“Money can’t buy you happiness” this quote trailed through my mind today as I pulled up to a deaf and blind orphanage not far from the cable park. A quaint white house, which earlier in the week on our way to the “skate” I paid no attention to. As I walked into the house I didn’t really know what to expect sad, sick, children dressed in rags; but to my surprise the feeling in this house was much different, the children were shy and a bit stand offish at first towards me. Almost as if they were wise beyond their years, staring me up and down judging me, trying to understand what my intentions were being there. Sheryl is the women that invited me to join her; she lives here at CWC with her husband Rueben and two children Zephyr 18 months and Tehkia 5. Sheryl moved to the Philippines 3 years ago so that her husband Rueben could run the cable park here. For the past two years she has been working with two orphanages in this area. She spends her time with the children reading the Bible, singing songs and doing arts and crafts. You could see with the way the children interact with her that she not only helps with the materialistic aspect of their lives but also brings so much love. I spent half the day, singing and helping the children make friendship bracelets, but the best part of my visit with them was when I pulled out the Polaroid camera! They could not get enough of this, it was the best feeling watching there eyes light up when I took their picture and handed them the Polaroid. You could tell they didn’t get to see themselves in photographs very often. To sum it all up I ended up going through $80.00 in film, but this experience alone was priceless.











1 comment: